A cookie is a small text file that a website stores on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site.
- First party cookies are cookies set by the website you’re visiting. Only that website can read them. In addition, a website might potentially use external services, which also set their own cookies, known as third-party cookies.
Persistent cookies are cookies saved on your computer and that are not deleted automatically when you quit your browser, unlike a session cookie, which is deleted when you quit your browser.
The purpose is to enable the site to remember your preferences (such as user name, language, etc.) for a certain period of time.
That way, you don’t have to re-enter them when browsing around the site during the same visit. Cookies can also be used to establish anonymised statistics about the browsing experience on our sites.
Evenflow website mostly use “first-party cookies”. These are cookies set and controlled by the Evenflow Partnership, not by any external organisation.
However, to view some of our pages, you will have to accept cookies from external organisations.
The 3 types of first-party cookie we use are to:
- Organizing the navigation between the different pages
- Improving the users’ experience and the technical aspects of the website
- gather analytics data (about user behaviour)
These are set by us and only we can read them. They remember:
- if you have registered in our newsletters and/or events.
We use these purely for internal research on how we can improve the service we provide for all our users.
The cookies simply assess how you interact with our website – as an anonymous user (the data gathered does not identify you personally).
Also, this data is not shared with any third parties or used for any other purpose. The anonymised statistics could be shared with contractors working on communication projects under contractual agreement with the Evenflow Partnership.
More specifically when using the Evenflow website for information purposes only, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server, which is technically necessary for us to display our website to you and to ensure stability and security:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT)
- Content of the request (specific page)
- Access status/HTTP status code
- Amount of data transferred in each case
- Website from which the request comes
- Operating system and its interface
- Language and version of the browser software.
Third Party Cookies
We may display content from external providers, e.g. YouTube, Facebook and Twitter.
To view this third-party content, you first have to accept their specific terms and conditions. This includes their cookie policies, which we have no control over.
But if you do not view this content, no third-party cookies are installed on your device.
Third-party providers on the Evenflow website are:
How can you manage your cookies?
Removing cookies from your device
You can opt-out of each cookie category (except strictly necessary cookies) by clicking on the “cookie settings” button below: